Old September 2nd 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
VtSkier

Default Back ...

lal_truckee wrote:
Africa was again great - saw the wildebeest migration crossing the Mara
river in the Masai Mara. And of course the overfed crocs and vultures.
Not that much different from negotiating r.s.a n a bad day.

Good to be back - now I've got to get all the cars ready for winter,
and do all the chores around the snow-mansion, and I'll be ready for the
season.

Time for an early wake-up for Ullr -

Ullr bless us with a whole winter like last March. Please.
If that seems to greedy, I'll settle for a March like last March...
(Brewed libations will be left in the usual location for you and Skadi...)

Good to hear from you. I'll probably be in your neighborhood
after Christmas at some point. Nothing firm yet.

Care to give a more detailed TR from Africa?

As for me, we just got back from coastal Maine where the only
significant event was overseeing the sacrifice of several
American Lobsters. Good too.

Yes, I'll check the usual locations when I get out there.
BTW the Dalbello boots are (were in April) still working
very well.

Could we have a small snow dance and libations to the
eastern relatives of Ullr and Skadi, please? It's just been
so bad for the past few years. We need our turn.

VtSkier