Old December 6th 04, 05:52 PM

Default $50 Dakine Deluxe tune kit, is it worth it

I found the Dakine Deluxe tune kit at a local shop for $50.
Do you guys think it's a good deal?

Here's a link of what it looks like.
http://www.the-house.com/da7dtkzzdakine.html

It includes the following.
10" (25 cm) File
12" (30cm) Wax Scraper
Base/Edge Tuning Tool
Wire File Cleaning Brush
Pocket Stone
All Temp Wax
P-tex (2)
Scotchbrite Pad
Metal Scraper
Tuning Instructions
Roll-Up Case

I'm a noob and haven't done any tuning on my board.
I'm not sure if I need all this stuff
I think I only need the Base/Edge Tuning Tool and P-tex.

For the files, scraper, brush, and scotchbrite Pad...
I think I can get something similar around the house.
For the wax, I can get at the local store too.

1) Just want to get an opinion, if I should get this all-in 1 kit
is a good deal or just buy things separately.

2) can I get a cheap iron from walmart, set it to low and do my waxing?
thanks in advance.