Old December 8th 09, 12:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

Default Tignes accommodation location

On 1 Dec, 10:54, "Paul S" PAULatSONIFEXdotCOdotUK wrote:
Hi this is primarily addressed to Matt Thomas who proved a mine of info last
time we went to Tignes, but if anyone else knows the answer please feel free
to let me know.

We've managed to book a cheap stay in the Chalet Glacier which is described
as being between Lavachet and Le Lac, but I can't find it on any maps - well
I can but ifyouski put it in the middle of the lake! Does anyone have any
idea where it is please?

Link:http://www.crystalski.co.uk/destinat.../016894/016894....

Matt has a good map athttp://www.tignes-lavachet.co.uk/images/tignesresortmap.pdf

Thanks

Paul S

Hi,

Sorry I'm late to the conversation, but yes - going by the picture on
the website Brian and Ace are correct, it's pretty much next to the
Paquis and Chaudanne base stations on the 'return-leg' of the free bus
between Lavachet and Lac. The free 'Lavachet' lift is a button that is
pretty much next to the Chaudanne and Paquis - just separated by a
tunnel under the road. There's a bus stop at that point as well which
will get you up the hill to Lac in about 1 minute where there is a
magic carpet lift on a very shallow slope that the children usually
use, and the Rosset free beginners slope.

Cheers,

Matt

--
Matt Thomas - www.tignes-lavachet.co.uk