Old December 1st 09, 10:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul S

Default Tignes accommodation location

"Brian Mc" wrote in message
Paul S PAULatSONIFEXdotCOdotUK wrote:
: Hi this is primarily addressed to Matt Thomas who proved a mine of info
last
: time we went to Tignes, but if anyone else knows the answer please feel
free
: to let me know.

: We've managed to book a cheap stay in the Chalet Glacier which is
described
: as being between Lavachet and Le Lac, but I can't find it on any maps -
well
: I can but ifyouski put it in the middle of the lake! Does anyone have
any
: idea where it is please?

Yes - as I have stayed in it about 3 years ago. It's is very near where
the Pacquet and Chaudannes lifts set off "down the hill" from Lavachet. It
is near one part of the circular bus route from Lavachet to Le Lac.
From Google maps it may be on Route de La Ferme.

Its back windows overlook the starting point of the two lifts and the road
up
to Tignes (which is about 100ft higher at that point)

Cheers Brian, got it on the map now! We have a beginner with us so I should
imagine it's only a short walk along the road to the free lift?

Paul