Old May 23rd 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_2_]

Default The season is... far from over

On Fri, 23 May 2008 10:13:01 +0200, Ace wrote:

On Fri, 23 May 2008 09:59:05 +0200, "Roger Moss"
wrote:

For the snow-deprived among us:

In Switzerland Engelberg will have its last day of the season on Sunday (May
25th) so you can still get there.

Still loads of snow, with some fresh powder, last weekend, although
with very poor visibility. Sadly the Jochpass area finally closed a
couple of weeks ago, but there's still 240cm of snow depth at Stand,
effectively the mid-point of what's open, and 80cm at the lowest
skiable point, Trubsee (~1800m). And over 4 metres of snow on the
glacier.

As is normal at this time of year conditions will vary depending on
the sun and wind, but it's still definitely worth a go if anyone feels
the need for one last blast.

If anyone's going and fancies joining up, drop me an email, as I'll
probably be skiing alone.

All of which will surprise no-one living nearby, but offers a ray of hope to
anyone suffering withdrawal :0)

Quite so :-)

There's no need to emoticon[1] quite so smugly, y'know.

[1] Yes, yes, verbification. I claim poetic license.

--
-Pip