Old August 31st 03, 01:59 PM
Jeff Potter

Default Ice-Skating with poles

We used to do this for a couple years when it got real cold around here but
didn't snow. It was better than nothing. I would say it was almost good
training. : ) Something like hillstriding with poles seems a lot more
specific, offhand.

Fredrik wrote:

Hi,

The posts about inline skating with poles to train for skiing made me
think of this: would skating with poles also be good as a ski-training?
Or does it go too fast on good ice? Ik know many people in Sweden skate
with poles, but they only use them for the hard parts, and my idea is to
use them all the time...
I will try it when there's ice here, is there anyone who tried it before?

Fredrik

--

Jeff Potter
****