Old January 20th 05, 12:52 PM
Chuck

L H wrote:
From: (L H)
Date: Mon, Jan 17, 2005
Some of my younger associates, (I'm 85 and have been skiing since 1927),
in No NJ just started to ski last year at Hunter Mtn NY. I taught most
of them....very carefully.

So were I, you, I would seek out the ALTA and/or Snowbird Ski School
Chief Instructor. Tell them your situation. Ask them for beginners help
at the beginning of the day when snow is fresh, crisp and groomed. They
will put you in a class with other beginners from whom you can also
learn from their early mistakes.

My 55 year success in teaching Skiing (Sr PSIA, NSPS and 80+ Club Member
(ski FREE) is due primarily to teaching to ski WITHOUT poles. "Just two
less things to worry about." You don't need poles to ski Black Double
Diamond slopes. Your PC Instructors, however, will insist that you use
poles. It just serves to complicate any instructions and takes them
longer and more lessons to teach you with poles.

If you think ski-poles are necessary, just ask a Snowboarder. Ever see
one with poles ? We haven't..........yet ?

They are handy to help you get up if you fall. Poles that is, not
snowboarders.

They also come in handy for more advanced skiers in timing your turns.
Whatever floats your boat.