Old January 27th 04, 05:27 PM
Dragan Cvetkovic

Default Web sites

lal_truckee writes:

Dragan Cvetkovic wrote:
The worst example is my UK HSBC bank which only works with IE forcing me
to find a Windows machine to access that site (no IE for
Solaris/Linux/AIX/...). No wonder I use telephone banking with them more
often then Internet. And when I complain, they don't even understand the
problem! Ugh.

Just spoof an IE identification in Mozilla. Most of these sites just look
at the browser ID and kick you out; Mozilla can often handle everything
fine, once you get past the gatekeeper.

I know. I have tried that, even tried Opera, but that browser detector seem
to be more clever (or stupid, depends how you look at it) and still refuses
to let me in without IE.

Disclaimer: my experience was some 6 months ago, so they might have changed
it, but I gave up on their internet site. I guess I should try again. Some day.

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,