Old December 8th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Problem mounting Ride bindings on Burton board

On Dec 6, 7:00 pm, Bas Mevissen
wrote:
On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 08:26:24 -0800, Bob F wrote:
These bindings are a few years old. They may have opened up the holes a
little to make them work on newer versions. I did manage to get them to
mount by twistin the plate slightly to get three screws to fit, in a
diagonal line, but would like to improve on that.

When I had a Burton board, the bindings were also intented for 4-hole
mounting. But the guy from the show just drilled an extra hole in the
middel of two others. That worked very well and looked good.

Now the same bindings are mounted on a 4 hole board and I had already
forgotten that there was ever drilled in an extra hole!

--
Bas.

The bindings I've seen work with 4 screws on the std board holes used
by most manufacturers and with 3 screws on Burton boards. I've
ridden Burton boards for years with 3 screws holding my Drake bindings
and have had no problems. Most important is making sure the screws
are tightened and stay that way. For that I use a drop of the blue
Loctite for threads, available at any auto parts store, hardware
store, Home Depot, etc.