Old January 20th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
john elgy

Default Italy recommendations

Switters wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:14:14 GMT, BrritSki allegedly
wrote:

We've spent 2 weeks there and will definitely go back.

Thanks, good to know.

First time was at the Hotel Sciattolo sp?) which was OK apart from the
food - not much choice and small portions.

I'd kind of ruled that place out already because it has rooms with sloping
ceilings, and being quite tall, that becomes a problem when I need to get
up in the middle of the night.

Last time we stayed at the Hotel Dufour which was much better. Nice
rooms, superb food and bar and also free wifi iirc. Also a 2 minute walk
to a chairlift...

Thanks again. Availibility is limited over the next couple of weeks
(credit crunch indeed!) and we may now be going a few weeks later.

ciao.

We got back from Champoluc last weekend and also reccommend the
Monterosa area; good cruising piste skiing and very good off piste. The
scenery is also fantastic. We stayed in the hotel du Champoluc with Crystal