Old December 15th 03, 10:19 PM
Ken Roberts

Default what was 'the New Skate' ?

So point me at one English-language book from 1988 to 2002 that taught more
than 25% of the New Skate ideas I listed.

Hank Garretson wrote
New Skate, Spew Skate! As our masters coach told
us a week ago, there is really nothing new in the new skate.
. . . Coach was skiing and teaching new skate long before it was "New."

Lucky for you, living in a special place and finding the right coach who saw
it all along.

But your coach didn't help _me_ any -- she or he just left me there to stare
at those Team Birkie videos.

Seems to me Vordenberg deserves credit for writing it down -- and
distributing it in a way that could get to me in my place -- and in a style
where it caught my attention.

There may have been others who knew it better or knew it sooner, but they
didn't put in that special hard work of writing for publication.

Ken