Old July 29th 05, 05:38 PM
SkiHound

Giles gives very good information. Spent a week in UT last year. We
stayed in Park City near The Canyons. If you're on a tight budget
there are several relatively inexpensive but decent hotels in Sandy and
Midvale (you might join epicski.com and search the forums for lots of
discussion on this topic). From there you're within easy driving
distance to The Canyons, Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley, Alta,
Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton, and Snowbasin. Canyon Sports is indeed a
good place for discount lift tickets. Park City is a terrific resort
town with lots of interesting bars, restaurants, and shops. The
downside of Park City is that I think the best skiing and scenery is in
the Big (Solitude and Brighton) and Little (Alta and Snowbird)
Cottonwood canyons. The three Park City resorts do offer tons of good
cruising terrain. When we go back, and we will go back, we'll probably
focus on Alta, Snowbird, and Solitude. And I really want to try
Snowbasin -- every review I've read is a rave.