Old January 31st 12, 09:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Great snow but cold weather

Probably anyone reading this is aware of the epic amounts of snow that
have been falling throughout the alps, particularly here in
Switzerland, but a chance remark just made me go and look at the
weather forecast (for Engelberg) for the coming weekend.

Overnight temperature on Friday/Saturday night, at 3000m, is forecast
to be -38C (-55C windchill). I don't think I've ever experienced quite
such low temperatures in Europe before. Canada, yes, but not over
here.

Even the daytime high for the village level is only expected to rise
to around -18C or so. And I'll be standing around teaching :-(

So I'd advise anyone travelling soon to pack every item of warm
clothing they've got!

This has been a Public Service Announcement.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/