Old March 13th 12, 03:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr[_4_]

Default best base layer?

1) I perspire a whole lot
2) When skiing I need to change socks and gloves after a couple hours
because they get so damp, my hands or feet get cold (they get cold
easily anyway, something I inherited)
3) I have mostly used Sporthill base layers, but they don't really seem
to wick very well. Sporthill 3SP fabric (not really a baselayer) however
is great (warm and very breathable).
4) Some kind of shirt I got from LL Bean, seems to be a dual layer, and
is somewhat better.

Question; What brand and/or material is the best kind of base layer
that can handle lots of perspiration? Smartwool, Capalain, Craft etc???

Thanks!