Old June 28th 05, 05:18 PM
Neil Gendzwill

John Elgy wrote:

Headline prices to Canda may be quoted as inexpensive, but by the time
you have paid for the lift pass etc. it works out at about 50-100% more
than staying in Europe. The comments you heard on the lift were probably
based on people's perception on how much they thought it would cost.

OK, makes sense - I know Ski Canada does a lift price survey every year
and the European lift tickets are usually cheaper. You can book
packages in Banff for about $CDN100/day including double occupancy in a
hotel room and lift ticket, plus you've got the flight to worry about.
Flying Glasgow to Calgary ought to be cheaper than to wherever in France
- but then I can get a cheaper flight to London from here than I can to
Halifax sometimes so weirdness abounds in the airline industry.

On the positive side, much less crowded here and the lift lines aren't
full of assholes shoving and stepping on your board/skis.

Neil