Old June 22nd 05, 08:00 PM
stuart

"Slaughterhouse" wrote in message
news:Hscue.71186$El.24730@pd7tw1no...

"stuart" wrote in message
news:100ue.87330$tt5.31545@edtnps90...

"Slaughterhouse" wrote in message
news:4Zyse.1719182$Xk.658480@pd7tw3no...
Good day, I will be heading to Jasper in the 2006 season and have put a
reserve on a room in Marmot Lodge in Jasper. Anyone have any opinions of
the place? Thanks!

Most of the hotels in Jasper are similar. It's got basic comfortable
rooms with TV, pool etc. Its right on the main street. Jasper is
generally VERY quite during ski season as the ski hill is located well
inside a national park. FANTASTIC ski area.

PS Don't tell your friends about Marmot Baisn ski area. We don't care for
line ups and rude Europeans, unless you are a really rude german skier.
they're funny as hell. You'll have a good time...

Hey, thanks! I've lived in Edmonton for 24 years and have not ONCE set
foot in Jasper (Born and raised in Calgary so it was always Sunshine,
etc). This is going to be a blast!!

Its my favorite ski hill. They have very dry powder when it gets snow. Last
year was very good. I would definitely check conditions beforehand, because
Jasper is in the lee side of the mountains and can have low snowfall
winters. They are also not terribly honest about reporting snow conditions
on their website. For example, "Good conditions, packed powder, some natural
hazards exist" means 'skiable snow between zillions of rocks'. In other
words, don't bother. I would not spend money to go there unless they have AT
LEAST 120 cm base and are reporting fantastic conditions. That means the
skiing can range from reasonably good to exceptional. The problem they have
is that Jasper has no radar coverage with Environment Canada, so they can
get a fabulous dump of powder overnight, and there is really no way of
knowing what's on the hill until 8am that day, or when you get there.
You will love the terrain...the night life in Jasper is 'OK' but not too
many choices...