Old December 14th 04, 07:29 AM
Ace

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:19:25 GMT, Jeremy Mortimer
wrote:

"mike" wrote in
:

As Jeremy says, I think, you can't use a Scarpa touring boot on a
downhill ski binding but could use a downhill skiboot in a Diamir
binding - I have.

Actually I intended to communicate that you *can* use Scarpa touring boots
in some downhill bindings, though not all. It depends how high the toe
piece will adjust, as the flange on the touring boot is higher than on a
downhill boot.

Which was my understanding of your comment too. I've skiied with
several guides who do this, plus a few people who use the detachable
touring binding adaptor.

IME (while testing skis) shop staff will be a bit concerned about the AFD
issue, but only to the extent of making sure you know the risk. This is in
France; their attitude might be different on other continents.

I tried to remember, but can't. What's the AFD exactly?

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)