Old November 24th 05, 06:35 PM

Default Cross country ski's

Hi all,

Maybe this isn't quite the group for it, because people normally discuss
downhill skiing, but maybe this post still fits. I want to buy my first
pair of cross country/langlauf ski's. I am interested in these newer nordic
ski's where you can ski in the loipe or out of it.

Particularly, I am looking at these ski's:

http://www.fischer-ski.com/de/produc...id_product=228
or
http://www.fischer-ski.com/de/produc...id_product=226

I am 184cm and weigh 77kgs. Are these type of ski's suitable? What length
should I get? Also, what length poles are suitable?

The reason I am asking here is that I have been to two shops. One said that
these ski's are not stiff enough and I needed these Salomon ones (forget the
model) in 194cm! I went to the other store and he said that the ski's above
are fine, but I only needed size 174cm. Frankly, I think I might need a
size in between this.

Likewise, the first guy said I need poles up to the top of my shoulder, and
the second guy said up to my armpit. So I'm a bit confused.

Any help would be great!

Thanks