Old March 31st 05, 08:15 AM
Memascii

Ace wrote:
On 30 Mar 2005 05:50:24 -0800, "Memascii"
wrote:

Gav wrote:

So... anywhere left where there's at least some hope of

half-decent
skiing _this_ weekend?

I certainly wouldn't bother with Gstaad. Conditions on les

Diablerets
glacier last weekend were excellent when you could see where your

hand
in front of your face, but not much challenge/variety/convenience.

We

What were the runs down from the glacier area to Reusch like? Last
time I was there they were much more interesting than the glacier
itself.

The red down to the top of the Reusch gondola was great, lots of
untracked snow, lots of different slightly off-piste routes down
and a quick chair straight to the top to do it again. Lots of
big new gouges in the base of my board though. The red direct
down from the glacier - which you have to then get a chair across
to the top of the Reusch gondola - was icy/slushy on piste but
great off piste higher up. The second red is a real faff though
as once you've finished you have to get two chairs and a gondola
then get across several hundred metres of flat to get back to the
top of it again. Looked as if there were some dramatic routes
down to les Diab with the services of a guide.

Iain.