Old February 17th 06, 02:46 AM

Neil Gendzwill wrote in
:

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
So no, I don't consider events where the primary score comes
from a group of judges determining technical or artistic merit
as 'sports'. Athletic, yes. Skilled, yes. Sport, no.

Dry (non-electric) fencing? Wrestling? Judo? Olympic-style

Boxing?

Dont know Fencing or Judo scoring. I've watched some college
wrestling but cant recall seeing a contested fall, but my
experience is limited. Boxing also suffers the judgement
issues (how may pro fights have bogus cards?). But I see
your point that there are certainly some that may fall
between the extremes of 'beat the clock' and 'ooh that
was awesome er.. 9.8522183'