Old March 28th 05, 01:45 AM
snoig

"Bob" wrote in message

"Robert Stevahn" wrote in message
On 15 Mar 2005 09:45:52 -0800, "Eric" wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, why is that?

Skis go faster than boards. Four edges give you more wiggle room for
error correction than two. Don't get me wrong. My groups of friends
gets down the mountain on boards faster than the majority of skiers,
but an expert skier should be able to beat you every time.

I used to crew for a league race operation. The boarders best times were
always way higher than the better skiers.

Bob

Back in the begining of boarder/skier cross, they actually ran a few races
with mixed skiers/boarders. That didn't last for long because the skiers
always beat the boarders and they had to change to a team format where first
the skiers go then the boarders. I think they call it ultra-cross these
days. The main reason for these types of races, was because skiers are
always faster out of the gate. Poles and skating always make for a faster
start.

When you compare speed records for skiers and boarders, the skiers are
always faster. That's just the way it is. If your experience shows
otherwise, I think you just had better boarders than skiers for your league
races.

snoig