Old January 10th 05, 11:22 AM
Switters

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 21:45:36 GMT, corbeau
allegedly wrote:

I like the specificity of the big-mountain models and the Khyber but
wonder which direction people find most effective for the PacNWish
conditions.

It's a tough call, especially when you're parting with cash.

You can obtain the high speed stability by having a stiffer board, and
reducing the overall length. This would then making fast turns in trees
and moguls a little easier. That said, things don't tend to get too bumpy
under Baker's C8, and a stiff board will track over the tracked out powder
a little nicer.

Personally I have a shorter but stiffer board for my general all round
beast. I might be able to charge my 181 under C5 when there's 2ft fresh,
but after the fresh has gone I'd need my 162. In a way, we like the same
things, so maybe this would work for you too.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/