Old November 25th 15, 07:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Another one bites the dust

On 11/25/15 8:03 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
They also have pages for other states (and Afghanistan!!!) but no California. I know where there are 2 closed California areas - although I never skied them - at Snow Forest in Big Bear and another up on Palomar Mountain.

There are remnants of rope tow behind the Cottonwood restaurant here in
Truckee, nearly downtown. Some early silent movies were made on the
hill, even before the tow came and went and passed into forgotten history.