Old December 8th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

Default Burton Vapor

56fish wrote:

All of Burton's gear is prone to breakage, but they are also very, very
open to replacing their gear (have been known to honor the warranty if
even you did damage you board on a rail). Of course you still have to
ship the board to them and wait for a replacement.

Get real dude! I've sold hundreds, really - hundreds, of Burton
boards, boots & bindings. Other than newbies stepping on and, breaking

So what you are saying is that you are financially invested in making
Burton look good JK

Maybe you don't see many failures because many people contact Burton
directly for replacements.

the toe strap ladders, of Freestyle bindings of the 2005 vintage - I
can count the failures on one foot.

In the last decade, I've had or seen around a dozen breaks in Burton
bindings and boards on the mountain. A bunch of us switched to Salomon
because our sponsor shop offered a better deal on them... and we
noticed that they tended to break less.

Like I mentioned before, it's not really so much that Burton makes weak
gear, but they do try to make lightweight gear... and when you make
thinner/lighter heelcups, baseplates, and highbacks (all their product
spiel mentions how they shave the weight of of their gear) and use
ultra-light balsa wood in your board cores, you are going to have more
of them break on you.