Old December 7th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

Default Burton Vapor

Gareth Evans wrote:
Thanks for the information. I'm going to look at some boards this
weekend. The boards I'm most interested in are the Vapor, Custom X or
Ride Timeless. I'm concerned about the strength of the Vapor and how
much punishment a board like this can take? I heard that Burton don't
warranty the use of rails if anything were to get damaged. Also, with
the board being so light, will this make it choppy at high speeds?

Gareth

No company officially warranties rail or rock damage (even NeverSummer,
which has a 3 year warranty) the trick is convince them that it
happened just riding on the slopes.

All of Burton's gear is prone to breakage, but they are also very, very
open to replacing their gear (have been known to honor the warranty if
even you did damage you board on a rail). Of course you still have to
ship the board to them and wait for a replacement.

Traditionally lighter board are less stable at speed (all the extra
cf/rubber dampening adds weight). I think you really should demo a
board like the Vapor before deciding (I might just do that just to see
what a $1000+ Burton board is like). The Ride Timeless is an excellent,
solid board... go with that if these vague unknowns about Burton's
highend stuff worries you.