Old December 26th 10, 05:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 19:46:44 -0800 (PST)
Meg wrote:

Should have added this before - this sounds like just what I need.
(Clinic description)

Simply put, waxing your skis or your board helps you ride the snow
faster. And sharpening your edges helps you keep control on less than
perfect conditions. Now that you know why this is important, come
learn how. An Alpine Shop Ski Shop technician will cover the basics of
keeping your gear tuned for the best performance in-between
professional maintenance.

The waxing part is mostly in common, but edge sharpening is not;
they're talking about metal edges. Btw, your original post says
Alpine Control waxless skis. I think you meant Alpina:
http://www.alpinasports.com/index.ph...l-nis--control.
Did you buy them from REI?

Where do you live? We might have some ideas who you could contact.

Gene