Old April 10th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Booker C. Bense[_3_]

Default Care of new skis

In article ,
wrote:

I just took delivery of a new pair of G3 Tickets.

Do I treat them the same as a new pair of cross country
skate skis?

IE Wax several times with CH10, scrap and brush after each
waxing, then wax with the wax of the day?

Summer storage with a thick coat of CH10?

Or something else?

That's a reasonable plan. For recreational skiing having the "wax
of the day" is far less important than for skating. I stick with
universal waxes for the most part.

The other thing you might want to investigate is having the skis
properly tuned. This means getting a flat base and the edges
correctly bevelled. G3 does not have a great reputation for the
quality of the tune coming out of the factory.

_ Booker C. Bense