Old September 7th 03, 05:43 AM
Not the Karl Orff

Default Canadian ski by 5th wheel trailer home?

In article ,
"Jorrit Memel" wrote:

Hi,
We are planning a ski-holiday in Canada for the comming winter season. We
are planning to rent a 5th wheel trailer home for 2 weeks and traveling from
Vancouver to Calgary (and doing Whistler, Banff, Sliver star, Golden). Is it
a good idea to travel by 5th wheel trailer home?

We're from the Netherlands, so we don't have much experiance traveling such
a trailer home during winter.

FWIW, I am not sure if you can rent a fifth wheel. It is a large
trailer that requires a very large "hitch" to be attached to the bed of
a pick up truck. Might be better to stick to a motor home.

Also, I am not sure how well insulated these things are (5th wheels,
trailer caravans, motorhomes).