Old March 15th 05, 04:03 PM
lonerider

The Flow binding just got more cred w/ Autti taking Gold in the pipe

@
the X Games in Aspen. Did it w/Flow bindings. Knocked White off the
podium entirely & put Kass back to bronze.

It's not that Flow's are sloppy or anything else having to do
w/performance; it's that they don't have credibility w/youth because
they aren't plastered all over billboards & the cover of TransWorld

or
whatever.

I don't read Transworld, but after you mentioned it... two Flow team
riders winning big event *did* get Transworld's attention - "Once seen
as a convenience product, Flow has proven itself to be all about
performance."

Well as you mentioned before, the first versions of the FLOW in the 90s
were very sloppy and had poor performance, plus the cable tended to
stretch and break a lot back then (just from regularly riding let along
freestyle riding), giving the bindings a bad reputation. That bad
reputation has taken a LONG time for "better." From my memory it is/was
"youth" that still embrace the Flow bindings more as they don't know of
its bad history... plus the older models use to have shiny bling bling
chrome styling to them. I find the older snowboarders tended to like
step-in like Clicker better. That is just my observation, I'm not sure
if it was because Clicker was produced earlier, gained more acceptance
early on, was better, or if former skiiers like the toe/heel connection
point or whatever. Clickers use to rule the earth and now they are a
shadows of their former self, which is a shame since I think they were
a very good technology (I rode them for 4 years myself).