Old February 11th 08, 09:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss

Default Paging Ace - you are now permitted to smile

"YTC#1" wrote in message
newsan.2008.02.10.19.43.01.928310@ytc1NOARGYBEEF .co.uk...
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 19:39:43 +0000, The Older Gentleman wrote:

YTC#1 wrote:

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 08:47:18 -0800, TOG@Toil wrote:

The snow in the Pyrenees is crap, for the second year running, while
it's great in the Alps. Casting around without much hope for a cheap

Global warming takes its toll........

As I said to you earlier, I'm a convert to the Alps after this year.

Oh, I've always preferred skiing the Alps. But with a family of four, on
a tight budget, and confined to school holiday times, it's not really
been an option before.

I'm amazed there wer so many chalets vacant this year. Seriously: whole
chalets with no takers.

And I have 4 days holiday to take yet .......

On the other hand, we finished last season - late April - in the Pyrennees
(Cauterets, Luz Ardiden and Hautacam), with much more snow than we could
have hoped for. They even closed a couple of lifts because of too much snow,
would you believe?

Okay, so we did keep an eagle eye on webcams and weather reports, waiting
until
things came good, but it proved two points: (a) the Pyrenees can often
surprise, performing much better than most people imagine, and (b) a
warm period isn't sufficient to write off a specific area; it can still come
good later in the season.

Bon ski - wherever you go...

RM
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude