Old October 2nd 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Bill Seddon

Default best transfer geneva to Arc2000 for 11 people?

JR wrote:
Last year, we just hired in Geneva and stayed in BSM. This year, we thought
we'd migrate up the hill to a big ski-to-door chalet and save a load of
hassle (no hanging around for teenagers etc). It just seems silly that the
cheapest option is still to hire 3 cars and park them up for the week. I
looked into mini-bus hire, and hire of 2 7-seaters but the prices were
ridiculous. Looks like it'll be 3 of the little Nissan Note's again from
Budget at about £140 each if I remember from last time (that's no ski-racks
and no "Protection-Plus" insurance which they try to rip you off with!).

If it was off-season, I'd drive all the way (MPV and car with roof-boxes). I
did it once at feb 1/2 term to Chamonix and it was just horrendous starting
from about Dijon.

I drove to Tignes in Feb half term last year, no bother at all. Drove
down to Annecy on the Friday via Frangy, stopped in an Etap, then left
at about 8am and was checked in and on the slopes having hired skis just
after lunch. No traffic to speak off doing the Frangy route. Went down
the A39 from Dijon missing Dijon, Chalon, Macon and Lyon and lots of
traffic.

In fact IIRC I had a boot fitting appt at 11.30 and we had checked in
and got kids skis before this. Was no traffic at all on the sat morning.

Bill