Old January 21st 04, 11:19 PM
Sharkie

Default Self-described Snowboard Whore Fired

"Mike T" wrote in message .. .
FWIW, I thought the article was hilarious! As to her getting fired,
I'm not at all surprised... big American ski resort companies view a
good chunk of their employees as... disposable.

Although I agree with the disposable part, I don't think that was
the reason in this case. She's in a service industry projecting an image
that students are laughed at behind the scenes. No service industry
want to project an image that their customers are being laughed at,
having no respect whatsoever - hence the firing.