Old January 23rd 05, 03:57 AM
Bob

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
news:bOydnR8v08Imdm_cRVn-
Well, obviously it's too soon to tell -- there are very few people who
grew up with the sport and who are of an age to be bringing their kids
into it. In skiing you see a lot of multi-generational skiing families
-- by far, most of the kids I teach have at least one skiing parent (and
the large majority of those have _two_ skiing parents). It's also my
impression that their kids' involvement in the sport is strongly
connected with their parents' contining skiing (although I think as a
chicken-and-egg problem, it's kind of hard to sort out cause and effect).

The school that I teach at has some 3rd generation students. Now of course,
a lot of the latest generation are learning snowboarding instead of skiing.
But the family still has fun together.

Bob