Old January 22nd 05, 12:30 PM
Mary Malmros

ant wrote:

"snoig" wrote in message

"ant" wrote in message

I have been hit numerous times in recent years, and all by boarders. In
fact, if you count having your skis run over or someone brush by slowly,
would say it's a daily occurance. They are changing the sport for many
people.

ant

Seriously Ant, if you have been hit numerous times in recent years, you
need
to start looking at yourself and what you are doing to make yourself such
target.

I teach skiing. I therefore ski slowly in areas where boarders want to
"maintain their speed", or maybe they just want to show off how cool they
are. be that as it may, being hit by other snow users didn't happen to me in
the 60s, or the 70s, or the 80s. It started when snowboarders came on the
scene, and increased when I slowed down, in order to match the speed of my
students.

BTW, when boarders hit me, I don't fall down. They do.
But what if I was your mother, trying out skiing? Tell her to change what
she does? Or isn't she allowed to go skiing? Especially if she doesn't ski
fast enough.

Well, suppose it WAS someone's mother. I'm sure there are
someone's-mothers out there on the hill. So how many people besides
yourself (and your fellow slow-moving instructors) are being hit with
the multiple-times-daily frequency that you describe? Or at all? Do
you see others being hit while skiing slowly in these areas?

How about requiring ALL snow users to respect a very basic tenet of snow
use: DON'T HIT OTHER PEOPLE ?

You've got the authority; yank tags if you feel someone's riding
dangerously.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.