Old January 20th 05, 10:01 PM
David

"Waco Paco" wrote in message ...

and more importantly, your head.

Yup. Its gotta fit. I bought a Leedom, because of all the helmets in the shop when I
decided to buy, it was the one that fit best. No accident I think--Leedom helmets
are offered in more sizes than offered by some competitors, sizes including M/L, L,
XL, XXL, XXXL. The single-adjustment vent is pretty ice too.

Might have been better to save a little weight with a helmet where the hard
shell stopped above the ears. If they'd had one that fit...

Lots of helmets have stiff plastic ear flaps canted inwards at the bottom.
Every one I've tried of that type was painful on the ears.

How well do they protect you? Mine is Snell certified, but I still got a mild
concussion the one time I slammed my head while wearing it. The snow
wasn't really hard either. Would I have been worse off without it? Likely,
but who knows?