Old September 19th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

Default When does skiing tend to start in germany / austria?

On 19 Sep, 09:08, Dave wrote:
On 19 Sep, 00:58, (Eugene Miya) wrote:

Start? *When did it end? *Glaciers.

I did think about metioning skiing worth doing. *I have never been to
a glacier, but I have images of a few hundred yards of ice and lots of
crowds. *What are they like? *It it worth a drive to glaciers if it
does not snow?

Thanks for the input,

Hugh

Only got experience of the Tignes glacier in summer, but I was
pleasantly surprised - quite a few KM of piste, big snow-park, crowded
first thing, but gradually eases as people spread out a bit. Snow
quality wasn't great, but it was like it is in April - ice in the
morning, slush towards lunch. I'd do it again, especially as you can
use the lift pass in the afternoon for mountain bikes or hiking.

Cheers

--
Matt Thomas - www.tignes-lavachet.co.uk