Old October 16th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Monique Y. Mudama

Default Vail vs. Beaver Creek

On 2008-10-14, DZN penned:
Bought a season pass to Vail this year when I realized that it was cheaper
than buying any other way for the two vacations I booked, one at the
beginning of Jan and one at the end. Thinking going back in March.
Question: since the pass is good at Beaver Creek is that a good alternative.
My preferences are for walk on walk off and prefer not too expensive and
don't care if its fancy/luxurious. I ski blues and single diamonds, never
expert runs. I really like Vail and wouldn't be tired of it but thought
Beaver Creek might be nice but don't know anything about. Can someone give
me a comparison of the two places.

I like Beaver Creek a lot. It's expensive, but then, so is Vail.

What do you like about Vail? What parts of Vail do you tend to ski
when you're there?

I may be having a mental glitch, but I don't know what you mean by
"walk on walk off." I'm also not sure if by expensive, fancy, and
luxurious, you mean the ski area or the place you're staying. I'm not
sure if you're assuming that you will stay at a hotel right in the
resort, right by the lifts, or if you are willing to ride a bus for a
few minutes in order to stay at a cheaper hotel / motel.

--
monique
Longmont, CO