Old September 16th 03, 11:05 AM
Switters

Default Is this snowboard too long for me?

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:14:43 GMT, (Gary H)
allegedly wrote:

Ok, I'm 5'8" and it seems most would go max of 160cm. 10cm is not
that much so what issues will I have if I stick with this? It's a nice
board and looks almost brand new (although it is an older model).

It's your weight that will affect things more than your height.

And yes, in terms of board length, 10cm is significant. You'll likely
find that a shorter board will be easier to turn, therefore giving you
confidence allowing you to progress quickly.

With a long board, they're more stable and are slower to turn and/or
require the rider to be more agressive. If the board doesn't turn,
you'll pick up speed quickly, panic, fall over, slam, etc. You won't
get any confidence and you'll progress slower.

Put it away for a season, and get something around 160cm with medium to
soft flex. Try looking for guys selling last years stuff as they
upgrade to new toys. Or maybe rent something for the first few times.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/