Old March 1st 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Default Gooft Stance - Right Big Toe Hurts

"RigasMinho" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 23, 11:29 am, "Memascii" wrote:
On Feb 22, 7:16 pm, "RigasMinho" wrote:

I've always had to cut chunks out of my boot liners in
order to get my big toe comfy. Probably I've got weird
feet. Keeping your toenails short (but not too short)
really helps too IMO. Biggest mistake is cutting nails
short after they've already started causing pain. It
can really ruin your boarding for a couple of days. But
I digress.

If you have mouldable liners, you can also try remoulding
them, but this time with strategically placed padding taped
to your toes to increase the space for them.

Iain.

Yeah I guess I will try what you guys have written down - I mean i
think the boot is a good size.

The only way to really find out if its my boot or not is to rent some
boots and find a pair in a size higher or lower.

Right now when i put my feet in the boot its really comfortable. I
feel like its really snug - my cousins / friends were telling me its
because the way i ride puts too much pressure on my toes to begin
with. Also they were saying that their toes jam a little too but only
when turning / stoping...

Man i miss the good old days of my skiing...

Do you guys find it weird that when you guys turn / stop your toes
push into the front of your boots more?

If your boots are less comfortable than ski boots, you have a problem.

You could try adding more forward lean to your bindings. That might
reduce the pressure on your toes on heelside turns.

Bob