Old September 1st 20, 04:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default decisions

On 09/01/2020 06:40 AM, wrote:

Good for you. I bought my Nikes at the outlet store just south of
Detroit. Only an idiot would pay full price for Nikes. I had a pair
of Air Jordan's once. They sold for $300 in stores. (That would be
$500 today.) I bought them at the outlet store for $60. I only wore
them bar hopping and many people asked if they were real, or copies.
They were indeed real.

I am shocked that you would do such a lame thing. The best sneakers on
earth aren't worth $60, much less the additional price paid by people
who can only achieve greatness by buying ****.

One bad thing about ALL sneaker-like shoes, including those for hiking:
the glue that holds the soles on eventually gives up. Same for Tevas.
Those soles look SO studly, but they aren't. Contact cement works
nicely, but it's hard to apply unless you rip the sole off completely,
which I've never done.

I don't like Nikes either -- I think they make them narrow or something.

I don't know anything about ladies shoes.

Here's what I know: they don't fit my feet.

But this pair that I got
athletes foot on, the left shoe always felt too small. I measured
them numerous times and held them sole-to-sole and they looked
identical.

I suppose you measured your feet too...

But the left one felt wrong. I only got athletes foot on
the left one and only on that shoe. So I finally decided that that
shoe was cursed, and the only way to lift the curse was to give them
away. I never had athletes foot again.

Never had it, never taken any precautions. I go barefoot whenever possible.

I consider Nikes to be of poor quality and overpriced.

All the name brands are overpriced. Same with spectacle frames and just
about anything else. OTOH, I don't think there are ANY non-brand-name
skis. I bought some $3 no-name goggles from eBay and am perfectly happy
with them.

What we're willing to spend money on is very different from what we can
afford.

My suspicions
were confirmed when I read a story in the paper where a Nike factory
in Jakarta was BURNED TO THE GROUND by the employees who were not
being paid their dollar-a-day wages. I later learned of other
atrocities done by the Nike Corp. and I decided that I shall never buy
another Nike product.

Surprised they didn't blame the fire on invading Vikings, or maybe
Ostrogoths. We don't hear much about the Ostrogoths any more...

--
Cheers, Bev
I'm pretty sure omnipotent entities don't need