Old September 17th 10, 10:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Zermat

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:43:21 +0200, BrritSki
wrote:

On 15/09/2010 01:32, Dynastarian wrote:
Thinking about going in Feb. (2 wks.) . Looking for cheap room w/
breakfast.
Any tips or faves ?

Yes, go somewhere else - see my recent post on Z.

Never tried it myself, but apparently there is a youth hostel on the
edge of town. Not my idea of decent accomodation, but there you go.

We did once stay in a cheapish place in the middle of town, but it's
probab;ly changed by now. In any event, what you need to look for is
somewhere branded a "Hotel Garni". Very little facilities, and
sometimes needing a revamp and just killnig time until someone gets
round to it, but usually possible, even somewhere like Zermatt, to
find a room for two for around 80 francs/night.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/