Old May 30th 13, 12:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

Default 10 mm baskets on 7 mm poles

On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:13:22 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I've mixed and matched grips, straps and basket brands successfully over

the years. Stove and boiling water, along with one of those wax sticks.

Even hot tap water works for taking them off, though probably not hot

enough for solid hold. However, that difference between 7 and 10mm

would worry me. It's easier to seem firm enough in the kitchen than out

on snow after a few K.

Gene

I am thinking to put a 10 mm basket in an hot oven and bring it close to melting, hoping it will shrink - what do you think? May be put a hose clamp around it, and keep tightening it as the thing gets softer. It's just polypropylene (or ABS) of some sort. Yeah, 10 mm and 7 mm is a big difference - I don't wanna lose a basket in the middle of a race.

Yeah, I know - drilling the holes worries me, too - but I do remember seeing such baskets (with holes) in the 80s.