Old March 31st 08, 09:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_2_]

Default Flaine - mini-report

"Ace" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:19:53 +0100, "Mike Mather"
wrote:

Grand Massif/Flaine

Eating on the mountain at lunchtime was also expensive, but bravo for the
GM
management who have put in heated picnic rooms across the area.

Really? Where are these then? Cos I didn't see any in the three weeks
I was there over xmas/new year.

Well, not sure about the others, but there's a large one incorporated into
the top station of the gondola from Les Carroz.

I applaud this move too, something they've been doing for years in Canada.

Re. Samoëns, it does suit a 'different' clientele, but does that rather
well - and has much easier road access than Flaine (particularly in
difficult conditions).

Bottm Line: the GM has something for everyone!

RM
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude