Old April 10th 15, 05:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_3_]

Default Cross Country in the Dolomites: Ortisei/Val Gardena -Alpe di Siusi, Val Lunga, Montepanna

runcyclexcski wrote:
Nice to see this group still going. I have moved to the UK about a
year ago, no skiing here. But we were able to go skiing in Geilo,
Norway, for 10 days. It was my first time in Norway, and first time
vacationing w/o a car. We flew to Bergen (50 GBP round trip), took a
bus to the train station (30 min), then took a 3 hr train to Geilo.

Very impressive XC skiing scene in Norway, what can I say! But it was
mostly glacier type skiing (very exposed, windy, cold). Norwegians
did not seem to care, I preferred to stick around in the woods.

Heh! :-)

We spent Easter in our mountain cabin at the south end of the mountain
plateau that starts (more or less) by the railway line between Finse and
Geilo.

It was indeed a more windy Easter than normal, but conditions were
pretty much perfect: Swix VR 45 every day. :-)

Terje

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no