Old April 2nd 15, 09:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Andrew Hofer

Default Cross Country in the Dolomites: Ortisei/Val Gardena - Alpe diSiusi, Val Lunga, Montepanna

The ski shop in the hotel was equipped, but of course they use it to fit rental skis, so I don't know if one might have borrowed it. I saw no other place for waxing other than the great outdoors.

That one turn in Montepanna had lost some snow. We ran into maybe one or two other spots like that in Montepanna and Vallunga, but there was a lot more snow up on the Alpe di Siusi.

Yes, I think our record winter here was matched by a dearth of snow in the Dolomites.