Old February 27th 09, 04:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default waxes - temperature range

Call Finn Sisu in St. Paul: http://www.finnsisu.com/

"Neil" wrote:

The universal should be O.K. I can put it on carefully at home and forget
about waxing for the rest of the tour, not a great pleasure in extreme cold.
However Tape grip gold could suit the cold conditions and fresh better. How
this wax perform above -4c?
wrote in message
Then what's your question? The Rex tape comes in two versions, down to
-20C (universal) and -25C (cold) -
http://store.finnsisu.com/kickrex.html. I prefer the Start tape, but I
found neither is very good above 2 or 3C. If you want to strip it and
kick wax, that's a different matter. Some waxes tend to be true to
their labels (Swix) and some vary considerably (Rode).

Gene

"Neil" wrote:

As I said I am a great fan of Rex Klister Tape, the cold version goes up
to -5C. One application can intended last for days. I will be going into
the
mountains west of Bjoirli in Norway. I expect the temperature to vary
between -15c and 0c.
wrote in message
Where part of the country are you skiing in and what brand(s) of wax
are
you using?

"Neil" wrote:

Dear All,
I wonder if there any views out there about going out with the
temperature
ranges of waxes. Say you put on something that is recommended for use
up
to - 5C will it work reasonably well if the temp goes up to -3C
or -2C. I
suspect that there are a lot of variables.
Neil