Old June 15th 04, 11:44 PM
Richard Henry

Default Earthquake!

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
Richard Henry wrote:
Bev, did you feel that one?

Significant shaking here in San Diego abou 3 minutes ago. Nothing about

it
on the the USGS earthquake site yet.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

You should be OK. Gaia is saving the big one to coincide with the
universal SoCal fire scheduled for this fall.

There's not much brush left to burn around here. I guess a big fire could
come down directly from the north, but it would have to burn through about
two miles of urban neighborhoods to get to our house from that direction.

The rats that moved through the neighborhood after the fire seem to have
moved on (or been eaten by cats, like the kitty that spent a few nights in
our garage and left a rat-head on the floor one morning as payment for
feeding him). I have heard owls recently on quiet nights, so I put an
owl-nest box up in the eaves on the quieter, cooler side of the house. I
guess I should go check to see if it shook down.