Old March 16th 05, 06:56 PM
ToddD

"Edward A. Oates" wrote in message
news:BE5DA77A.A529%nowayedward.oates@unearthlylink .net...
I bought a new pair of Volkl 5 Star Supersports (the red ones) in November
2004. There are terrific skis, with only one issue for me. Has anyone else
experienced the same problem, to wit:

The red coloring topping seems to be chipping off right around the tails.

had it epoxied once by the shop at Northstar, but it comes back. I'm
concerned that this is a problem with the lamination of the top coat and

is
just the beginning. Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, what did
you do about it?

If it is just my skis, then it sure sounds like a warranty return to me.

Thanks.
--
Ed Oates

To help eliminate spam and scams, send it to FTC gov

No it's not just your skis. I've looked at three friends' 5 Stars and they
were all chipped to some extent. I assume it's from sticking them in the
snow.
On mine, the top skin on the tail of one ski is chipped. The other ski is
actually delaminating. My shop sent them back to Volkl last week. I'll
post the outcome when I hear back from them.