Old January 11th 08, 09:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_14_]

Default Utah in Feb

Bob F wrote:

One consideration about PC and DV from when I went there several
years ago. The slopes are groomed to death, with no texture on slopes
steeper than slopes that never get groomed where I am. There are lots
of people basically going straight down, turning only when the trail
turns, at incredible speeds. To me, it's boring and dangerous.

True. Those resorts are popular because they deliver what the great American
skiing public wants: groomers. PCMR have this thing called groomed
"signature runs" which means quite steep blues and blacks, groomed.

couldn't find any decent mogul slopes, until I ended up at what is
now called The Canyons, down the road, with the snowboarders and
telemarkers.

You should have asked someone, there's some excellent bumpage at PCMR (and
at DV, too), lovely long runs full of them. and for never-groomed steeps,
Jupiter is your playground.

--
ant
Don't try to email me!