Old October 19th 05, 06:31 PM
stuart

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:58:00 GMT, "stuart" wrote:

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:03:47 GMT, "stuart" wrote:

Craig T wrote in message
.co.uk...
to ski? or anything particular to do? really fancy something to see
that
you
dont back home (UK) or soemthing to 'do'

Jasper is quieter than Banff, less tourists. Have lunch or go to the
coffee
shop. All the tourists want to ski in Banff, but Marmot Basin is the
best
kept secret. Better skiing no lift lines and dryer powder. It's not busy
because its far from any city. Check it out at www.skimarmot.com

It is also about a quarter the size of Lake Louise, never mind the
other two Banff ski areas (and is about the same time by bus from
Jasper as LL is from Banff).

It certainly does have some good skiing, but just not enough of it to
keep you busy as long as either Lake Louise or Sunshine will.

3300 vertical on 1700 acres vs 4000 acres at LL. Have you been to marmot
since Eagle East opened?

Yes.

OK, a quarter was maybe an exaggeration, but it is less than half the
skiable area. And then there is Sunshine with another 3,500 acres and
3,500ft vertical.

I find all three areas comparable insofar as the enjoyment factor. Not a big
fan of Sunshine other than they close latest in the season. Too much flats.
Lake Louise is definitely a fav of mine. Marmot for me has had the most
magic, especially if your lucky enough to arrive early in the morning after
a big powder dump. Not many skiers usually.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Strike any user when ready.